- RESIDENTS’ INFORMATION: All resident and non-resident owners and tenants shall provide the Board with the names, alternate addresses, business, home, car and mobile telephone numbers of all those persons residing in their unit, the age applicable to children under sixteen years of age, the name, address, and telephone number of a relative or a person to be contacted in an emergency, any medical conditions applicable for emergency or evacuation purposes and particulars pertaining to any motor vehicles or pets, together with such other information as the Board may reasonably require to be set out on the Residents’ Information Form as more particularly set out on Schedule “A” attached hereto, as may be amended from time to time. Access cards will not be activated until the Residents’ Information Form has been received by management.
- LAWS: No Resident shall breach the provisions of any federal or provincial statute or regulation, or municipal by-law or ordinance. No Resident shall obstruct or interfere with the rights of, or injure or annoy other Residents. The Residents and the Corporation shall strictly observe all property standards, noise, health and safety requirements codified in any municipal by-law, edict or code.
- NOISE & NUISANCE: All Residents are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting responsible living.
Residents shall not create or permit the creation or continuance of any noise, nuisance, odour, hazard or disturbance, or interfere with the rights or enjoyment of another Resident(s) use of the Corporation’s premises or facilities, or use of the common elements or any suite in a manner which, in the opinion of the Board, may, or does, disturb the comfort or quiet enjoyment of the suites or common elements by other Residents or the Corporation’s Representatives. A Resident shall take immediate steps to remedy or desist from any activity which the Board deems to constitute an undue nuisance. No shouting, screaming, horseplay or other disturbance is permitted in or around any suite or upon any part of the common elements. No undue noise, caused by any instrument, television, stereo, amplifier, P.A. system, computer, equipment or other sound device, however caused, which disturbs the comfort of any other Resident(s) shall be permitted. When requested by the Board or Manager, a Resident shall lower sound to appropriate levels and shall install foam padding under sound-emitting devices and between such devices and the furniture, floor or walls, or the Resident shall take such other sound-attenuation measures as the Board or Manager may require. Residents shall particularly reduce noise volumes to a quiet level between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. each day, but in any event, shall avoid causing a nuisance at all times.
- HUMAN RIGHTS: All Residents, their visitors and guests, directors, officers, property managers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives of the Corporation shall at all times, abide by and uphold the provisions of the Human Rights Code and no person shall infringe or do directly or indirectly, anything that infringes a right as provided therein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, every person has the right to equal treatment with respect to services, goods and facilities, employment, occupancy of accommodation and freedom from harassment without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or handicap.
- HARASSMENT: No Resident shall injure, harass, threaten, annoy, or initiate any defamatory, threatening, hateful or discriminatory statement or action, or participate in any illegal or harmful conduct toward any Resident or any of the Corporation’s Representatives. Harassment shall consist of any oral or written statement, action or behaviour which is intimidating, threatening, violent, sexually harassing or which causes physical or psychological harm, fear, humiliation or embarrassment, objectively determined on a reasonable basis, pertaining to any statement, action or behaviour which a person knows, or reasonably ought to know, would be unwelcomed and offensive including, without restriction, any verbal abuse, insulting comment, joke, gesture, conduct or touching or contrary to any of the grounds of workplace harassment or sexual harassment set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code which are hereby made applicable to relationships, behaviours and conduct among Residents, staff, contractors and the Corporation’s representatives.
- NON-INTERFERENCE: No Resident shall interfere with the services rendered by the Manager, superintendent, cleaner or any other contractor or agent of the Corporation. Any complaints or concerns pertaining to any Resident, Corporation’s Representative, suite, common elements or the affairs of the Corporation shall be dealt with by written notice addressed to the Board and delivered to the Manager.
- AUCTION & SALES: No bulk sale of goods, any auction, garage sale, suite contents sale shall be held for the general public in a suite, or anywhere upon the common elements without prior written approval of the Board. Sales to other residents may be advertised on the Neighbour-to-Neighbour boards of both the 2000, and 2010 buildings. The use of “Open House” or “For Sale” signs visible from the exterior of the Corporation’s building is strictly prohibited.
- CANVASSING: No solicitation or canvassing of any kind is permitted in the building (including, without restriction, delivery of any leaflet, brochure, card, flyer or commercial document), provided that reasonable access to the property will be provided to candidates, or their authorized representatives, for election to the House of Commons, the Legislative Assembly or any office in a municipal government or school board, or as a Director of the Corporation’s Board for the purpose of canvassing or distribution of election material. “Reasonable access” shall be at the discretion of the Corporation, to prevent against any nuisance or interference to Residents by canvassing. Special facilities for charitable solicitation, conducted by a Resident, may be set up in the Recreation Centre, provided the charitable organization has applied, in writing, to the Joint Operations Committee and has received written permission from the Joint Operations Committee.
- DELIVERIES: Upon receipt of a written authorization from a Resident, security personnel at the Gate House may accept deliveries and packages on that Resident’s behalf provided that such packages are less than 10 lbs, properly wrapped and the deliveries are made during the business hours established by the Board or Management from time to time. However the Corporation will be not be liable to the Resident for any damages to any package, delivery or other personal property left. Deliveries made Cash on Delivery (C.O.D) will not be accepted at the Gate House or with Security.
- FILMING: The filming of any movie and/or digital recording, for commercial purposes (except for the purpose of selling an individual suite), in any suite or portion of the Common Elements, is strictly prohibited unless authorized in writing by the Board.