photo credit: W.A.Weeks
Islington 2000 is a luxury condominium complex in the Toronto west borough of Etobicoke, within easy distance of shopping, parks, highways,public transport and Pearson airport. With only 6 suites on each floor, the dimensions are unusually spacious and the hallways are quiet. Almost 10 acres of beautifully designed grounds surround one the most sought-after housing complexes in the city. Welcome home.
As of Monday, May 3, 2021, at 8:00 a.m., individuals who are 18 and over in 2021 and live in our community (M9P) will be eligible to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at a mass immunization clinic through the provincial online booking system or directly through public health units that use their own booking system.
Book at a pharmacy if you’re 40 or over
People 18 to 39 in hot spots
Everyone else book here. Or call 1-888-999-6488
Have your health card handy – you will be required to provide the numbers on it.
***BREAKING NEWS – UPDATE MARCH 26:
- All city run vaccination clinics will accept those 70 and over starting Saturday, March 27th at 8 am. Residents can book appointments at the city sites by visiting http://toronto.ca/covid-19 or calling 1-888-999-6488.
- Contact the province’s portal for vaccine booking here. If there’s a problem try their phone contact: 1-888-999-6488.
As of Saturday March 27, eligibility extends downward in Toronto to those turning 70 in 2021.
- If you qualify click here to book an appointment to be vaccinated through Trillium Health Partners. You can also click here to pre-register to have the booking team contact you.
- St. Josephs Hospital is taking bookings for those who qualify. You will go to the Sunnyside Gymnasium Sunnyside Building, 1st floor, or to St. Michael’s Hospital.
- If you are a patient of one of the UHN hospitals and qualify according to age, you can also pre-register your interest in being vaccinated through the UHN. No appointments are open yet and you will have to be contacted when they become available.
- Humber River Hospital has a COVax clinic that you are invited call to book an appointment at 1-888-385-1910, if you meet the age requirement and live in the area (Islington is their boundary to the west and Steeles is the northern border). This Call Centre is open from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week. You can also use an online chat function to book here.
- William Osler Health System at Etobicoke General Hospital is now booking appointments online for those qualifying by age, and living in northern Etobicoke. Alternately you can call 905-494-2120 ext. 56685 (8AM-6PM, 7 days-a-week)
If you are 60 years old or more you can pre-register with a local pharmacy:
A complete list of pharmacies with this vaccine are below.
Book Online: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations
Good luck and good health to all! ***
Since everyone is asking when, where and how – here is the official plan from the Ontario government dated March 5, 2021.